As Sleep Health MD continues to grow, we are looking for experienced and talented personnel to join our team!
Sleep Health MD is a growing and fast-paced sleep medicine practice with locations in Sunnyvale Los Gatos, Santa Cruz and Watsonville.
We are a well-established, comprehensive treatment center for sleep disorders of all types. We have several clinicians and many allied health staff members and pride ourselves on our professionalism and modern practice processes. We offer great benefits and a 401k plan.
If you think you'd be a good fit for one of our open positions, please submit your resume to our Practice Assistant at email@example.com.
Medical Office Part Time Text Operator/ Scheduler
Santa Cruz Administrative Office
Sleep Health MD is a well-established, comprehensive, treatment center for sleep disorders of all types. We have several clinicians and many allied health staff members and pride ourselves on our professionalism and modern practice processes.
The Medical Office Text Operator/ Scheduler is a part time, 25 hour per week position responsible for: monitoring and responding to inbound texts through dashboard; scheduling appointments; directing patients and answering questions; maintaining records and accounts; knowing when to escalate to a call to patient, and returning missed calls. This person will serve as a liaison between the patient and our medical support staff.
A qualified applicant will be proficient in the following: Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Professionalism, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Quality Focus, Self-starter, Positive attitude.
* Experienced and comfortable with working on computers and using technology
* Able to work in many programs simultaneously
* Type at least 40wpm
* Bilingual in Spanish, written and verbal
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
* Welcomes patients and visitors pleasantly through text, in person, and over the telephone.
* Uses available technology in the most efficient way possible
* Follows company workflows for scheduling appointments of all types with consideration of restrictions by health plan, patient privacy and within the timeline for responding to patients.
* Maintains patient records: Verifies and updates demographic, insurance, and other necessary information in the computer records.
* Makes telephone reminder calls as appropriate.
* Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by responding to texts and calls in a timely manner and scheduling appointments through text, in person or by telephone.
* Collects copayments and past due balances for accounts.
* Provides documents that may need to be completed prior to patient visit.
* Educates patient on appropriate follow up, needed paperwork and testing procedures.
* Comforts patients by anticipating common anxieties, answering patients' questions, maintaining the reception area.
* Ensures availability of treatment information by scanning, filing, retrieving and/or printing patient records.
* Maintains satisfactory, regular and predictable attendance by reporting to work as scheduled and keeping unscheduled absences to a minimum.
* Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
* Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information in accordance to HIPAA regulations.
* Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes and errors.
* Contributes to team efforts by completing assigned tasks and offering assistance when needed.
* Other tasks as assigned.